It is our hope that this message finds you healthy during these challenging times as we all cope with COVID-19.
We are excited to announce that we will resume seeing patients effective Monday, May 11, 2020. Your patience and understanding have been most appreciated during our closure for the past eight weeks. We request your continued patience as we adapt our new workflow and protocols to best operate in the COVID-19 environment.
Patient care and safety have always been our top priority. Our office has instituted many changes to further ensure the safety of our patients, team members, and their families. We have had hours of team training and are closely following the recommendations by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Health and Safety Association (OSHA). Below is a listing of some of the changes you will notice.
- All patients will be required to wear a face mask while in the office, except when you are in the operatory. If you arrive without any facial covering, a mask will be provided. This is for your protection and ours. Thank you for your understanding.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering our facility - this will be provided.
- All patients and staff members will have their temperatures taken upon entering the facility. This will help us screen for any patients who may be showing early signs of COVID-19. If you have a temperature above 100.0 degrees F, we will need to reschedule your appointment. If you do not feel well prior to your appointment, please call to reschedule.
- Our waiting room will be closed until further notice. All patients are asked to notify us of their arrival by texting or calling once you are in the parking lot. We will notify you when your dental provider is ready to see you. No companions, including children, will be allowed in the treatment rooms. Please notify the office in advance, if an exception to this rule is required (example - adult escort of a child patient).
- Whenever possible, we will utilize email, the Wake Dental Care website, and fax capabilities for all administrative paperwork. A team member will reach out to you a few days prior to your scheduled appointment to ensure that we have everything needed before your arrival. We will be requesting that you minimize your time spent in our office by completing any necessary paperwork at home.
- We will be utilizing multiple touchless payment options to reduce the need for credit card exchanges at the front desk. We will still have the ability to process credit cards, but would strongly encourage touchless options when possible.
- In addition to our increased infection control standards, we will be decreasing the number of patients seen simultaneously to minimize the possible interactions between patients in our common area spaces. Patients' appointments will be staggered to ensure we are managing our aerosols and infection control protocols well.
IMPORTANT: If you are infected with COVID-19 or think you may have been exposed, please cancel your appointment with our office and immediately call your medical provider. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment when you have been cleared by your physician.
Your safety is our top priority. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and adapt our protection protocols as needed. If you have any questions or concerns prior to an appointment, please feel free to reach out to our team. We are here and ready to help. Best wishes and stay safe!